The Lilead Fellows receive financial support to work in four distinctive ways:
- Face-to-Face Meetings in which Fellows work together and with mentors to share ideas and possible solutions to challenges addressed throughout the Program.
- Virtual Work Sessions give participants the opportunity to remain connected to each other between face-to-face meetings and to maintain a support network as they tackle day-to-day struggles.
- Short Courses: Four 6- to 8-week courses focusing on core leadership topics, for any school library leader.
- The Summer Institute is an intense learning forum where Fellows think strategically and work collaboratively towards their intended goals, as well as explore new ways to solve their district’s most pressing problems.
Benefits to Participating Fellows
- An opportunity to work with other supervisors and leaders in the field to develop new skills and find solutions to real-world problems
- $1000 travel stipend for face-to-face meetings (listed below)
- Lodging at Summer Institute
- All meals at face-to-face meetings
Timeline for the 2017-2018 Lilead Fellows Program
|January 4, 2017||Lilead Fellows Program application period opens|
|January 20, 2017||Lilead Community Meeting (at ALA Midwinter in Atlanta, GA)|
|January 25, 2017||Informational Webinar #1: 4 – 5pm ET|
|February 7, 2017, 2017||Informational Webinar #2: 7 – 8pm ET|
|March 17, 2017||Applications Due|
|April 10, 2017||Fellows selected and announced|
|June 23, 2017||Lilead Community Meeting (at ALA Annual in Chicago, IL) – optional|
|July 25-28, 2017||3-Day Summer Institute at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA)|
|September – October 2017||Online Short Course #1|
|November 6-8, 2017||2nd face-to-face meeting (at AASL National Conference in Phoenix, AZ)|
|November 2017 – December 2017||Online Short Course #2|
|February 9, 2018||Lilead Community Meeting (at ALA Midwinter in Denver, CO) – optional|
|January – February 2018||Online Short Course #3|
|March – April 2018||Online Short Course #4|
|June 21-22, 2018||Final Fellows Meeting (at ALA Annual in New Orleans, LA)|